Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, April 8, 2008

    Goddamn, that's beautiful: 5 songs to stop you in your tracks.

    Four tracks from this year that made me think, ‘goddamn, that’s beautiful, I want to play that again and again’. Sadly only the Laura Marling one has an ‘official’ video. It is fab though.

    Restacks by Bon Iver

    Jesus wept, how gorgeous is this song?! Good album too, though nothing else touches this.



    Clowns by Goldfrapp
    Its like Kate Bush or the Cocteau Twins at their best (with really silly lyrics).




    Starlings by Elbow

    Some of the finest lyrics I’ve ever heard and a startlingly original arrangement.




    Go Slowly by Radiohead

    Thom Yorke’s vocals on this - bloody hell!




    Ghosts by Laura Marling

    From her debut Alas, I Cannot Swim

    No comments: